Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RECRUITING active, honest & reliable Spree Organizers for SGSPREES.net now! Refer to forum for more information. Any inquiries, kindly email to info.shoppingsprees@gmail.com

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Calls from china stating I won a prize

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
KuroI-Kaze
New Spree-er
New Spree-er
KuroI-Kaze

Calls from china stating I won a prize Empty
PostSubject: Calls from china stating I won a prize   Calls from china stating I won a prize EmptyThu Oct 09, 2008 5:23 am

Just wanted to share my experience I got for the past 2weeks. ( Spoken all in CHINESE )

2weeks ago I got a private number call. I pick it up and a china woman from dont know what hotel asking me which place I would like to go on a holiday. I think this is a survey as she speak too fast and I cant realli figure out. So she give me a few option and I choose hawaii. She give me a number and tell me to tune in duno wat tv and invite me to go down and watch duno what show. China scent too heavy I also lazy to ask too much I just yes yes ok ok hung up.

A few days later she called me again and congrat me on winning USD45k with BMW duno which series. She ask me I got tune in or is at the show or not of cuz I din. She then ask for my particulars and address so she can sent me the letter for me to redeem by bank. A lawyer will be responsible for processing the prize. Im a poor little student and often dream of getting rich like everyone else. Im quite excited to be honest and thinking this might be true and luck might just be on my side finally.

She told me she is from 銀河娛樂渡假村 The number she gave me match with the hotel number ! Somehow I was convinced that this might be real after all. She speaks so professionally and even the background from her side when she called sound busy like stock exchange market. I then looked forward to that letter but it didnt arrive.

Yesterday she called me again asking if I had recieved the letter. When she know I din recieve she was so shocked as tho I had just killed her mum. She told me its impossible and urge me to call the lawyer immidiately and check if the letter got return back to him or not. I called and found out I dun have IDD LOL. The woman called again and ask if I had call the lawyer already. I say no and she tell me to call her back after I called the lawyer.

I finally look into reality and wakeup my idea. After some google, I found out that this is just a scam, even the story setting also same. Now Im actually waiting for that woman to call me and I will make my revenge by playing around with them. Twisted Evil

Sorry for the wall of text. Razz
Back to top Go down
vgohyk
http://the-vag.com
vgohyk

PostSubject: Re: Calls from china stating I won a prize   Calls from china stating I won a prize EmptyThu Oct 09, 2008 11:22 am

Hahahaha. You got it too!

This is incredibly crazy eh - the China scams! affraid

I got this few weeks or months ago. For a few times. Something similar too. I can't exactly remember the details lah. It's regarding some court issues, some prize winning thing. Very stupid. lol. I received such calls till I'm so bored that when they called speaking chinese in that China accent, I simply said "Huhhh? I don't understand what you are talking about" in english. They just hung my call.

I wonder how they managed to get so many Singaporeans involved in this. They dialed the numbers randomly??

I wonder if other countries kena it too. Calls from china stating I won a prize 874401
Back to top Go down
xiaohei
xiaohei

PostSubject: Re: Calls from china stating I won a prize   Calls from china stating I won a prize EmptyThu Oct 09, 2008 12:49 pm

Hhmmm my mom got a call too. She told me it was a woman with a PRC accent claiming she is from some grand hotel in HK etc..

If she ever call back, I am gonna talk in canto or hokkien and stun her! hehe..

And, please warn your parents, relatives abt ppl who call and claim that they've kidnapped their kid. It's a SCAM!
Back to top Go down
http://spreelikeitsfree.com/
KuroI-Kaze
New Spree-er
New Spree-er
KuroI-Kaze

PostSubject: Re: Calls from china stating I won a prize   Calls from china stating I won a prize EmptyThu Oct 09, 2008 2:56 pm

These china scam have so many different kind of story settings, but only 1 step they cant change which is sooner or later they will tell you to transfer money to their account for some reason.

For my case after I called the lawyer he definitely will say under which law which chapter I need to pay tax or something first in order to recieve the reward. Then give me account number to transfer.

Quote :
I wonder how they managed to get so many Singaporeans involved in this. They dialed the numbers randomly? I wonder if other countries kena it too.
I think singapore is a good target as 3/4 of the population is chinese and we are so far away from HK PRC so it means we cant veritfy the truth too.

Quote :
And, please warn your parents, relatives abt ppl who call and claim that they've kidnapped their kid. It's a SCAM!
They should call their children to veritfy immediately.
Back to top Go down
xiaohei
xiaohei

PostSubject: Re: Calls from china stating I won a prize   Calls from china stating I won a prize EmptyThu Oct 09, 2008 5:05 pm

Haha.. sometimes, kids dont carry phones to school or can't answer. So, yep. The best is get more info from the caller and try to notify the police so we can reduce number of ppl being scammed! Smile

Btw, they call one of my tuition students. He pranked them back. Haha..
Back to top Go down
raph
New Spree-er
New Spree-er
raph

PostSubject: Re: Calls from china stating I won a prize   Calls from china stating I won a prize EmptyFri Oct 10, 2008 11:50 pm

haa recently they jus called me.... since im wif my frend who nv gt called b4, i turn on the loudspeaker and let him listen wad to expect from the scam calls...at the meantime we jus keep quiet...

aft dat lady finished her lines, she expected us to respond but we cont to kip quiet...

den the lady start pondering.. "hello? hello? hello? hello? hello? hello? hello?...." so many times dat i lost count hw many times she said... haa at dat time we r laffing lik duno wad n tryin to lessen the sound we made....

somehw she expect us to respond and she nv hang up... gosh they reli persistent until i sian jus kup her.... LOL!!
Back to top Go down
xiaohei
xiaohei

PostSubject: Re: Calls from china stating I won a prize   Calls from china stating I won a prize EmptySat Oct 11, 2008 1:21 am

Oh man, that's funny! So, did she hear you laughing?
Back to top Go down
KuroI-Kaze
New Spree-er
New Spree-er
KuroI-Kaze

PostSubject: Re: Calls from china stating I won a prize   Calls from china stating I won a prize EmptySat Oct 11, 2008 5:22 am

Quote :
Haha.. sometimes, kids dont carry phones to school or can't answer.
Oh ya, you have a point there.
Back to top Go down
xiaohei
xiaohei

PostSubject: Re: Calls from china stating I won a prize   Calls from china stating I won a prize EmptySat Oct 11, 2008 6:30 pm

Haha, but always verify the caller's ID and if they're speaking the truth cos they freak you out hoping you'll not think rationally and out-wit them. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Calls from china stating I won a prize   Calls from china stating I won a prize Empty

Back to top Go down

Calls from china stating I won a prize
Page 1 of 1