Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RECRUITING active, honest & reliable Spree Organizers for SGSPREES.net now! Refer to forum for more information. Any inquiries, kindly email to info.shoppingsprees@gmail.com

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

FREE ez-link card REPLACEMENT EXERCISE (9 Jan 09 – 30 Sep 09)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
nataliebridget
Official Spree Organizer
Official Spree Organizer
nataliebridget

FREE ez-link card REPLACEMENT EXERCISE (9 Jan 09 – 30 Sep 09) Empty
PostSubject: FREE ez-link card REPLACEMENT EXERCISE (9 Jan 09 – 30 Sep 09)   FREE ez-link card REPLACEMENT EXERCISE (9 Jan 09 – 30 Sep 09) EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 6:26 pm

New smart version out now

Free replacement exercise on till Sept 30
By Maria Almenoar

COMMUTERS holding ez-link cards may, from today, get them replaced with a souped-up version that can be used to pay for many other goods and services. The free replacement can be done at TransitLink offices, post offices and selected bus interchanges till Sept 30. Current ez-link cards will not be usable after that date.

The Land Transport Authority (LTA) said yesterday that it expects the replacement exercise involving eight million ez-link cards to take nine months. With the deadline for replacing the cards set at the end of September, 'commuters are reminded that there is really no need to rush', said LTA's chief executive Yam Ah Mee. The new smart card will be able to hold up to $500, up from $100 now.

Come end-March, its use will be extended to include payments for Electronic Road Pricing (ERP) charges. That is also the month the second-generation in-vehicle units (IUs), which can read the cards, will be available in all new cars being sold. Owners of older cars can opt to change their IUs but this is optional, since existing IUs can still use CashCards, which are unaffected by this exercise. The new IUs have so far worked well in motorcycles, said the LTA yesterday.

By the end of the year, the new smart cards will also be the accepted payment mode in about 600 carparks here. More than 1,000 retail outlets will also get on board during the year. When commuters exchange their cards, the remaining value on their current ones - including the $3 locked in as a deposit - will be transferred to their new cards. Students will get their new concession cards from their schools from next month, while senior citizens will receive theirs in the mail from the end of March.

Those who have signed up for top-ups of their existing cards to be billed to their credit cards, or to be paid for through Giro, should note that these two services for the new smart cards will be available only from Feb 27 and July 27 respectively. Commuters using either of these services are advised to hold off changing their cards till after these dates. They will need to re-apply for these services.

The improved ez-link card will have three competitors this year, which gives commuters a choice of which smart card to go for. The price of the card may even come down, said the LTA yesterday.

Network for Electronic Transfers (Nets) has already announced plans to launch its own card soon for a bite of the transit market, said to be worth $1.5 billion a year. The other two new players are unknown. Ez-link said that, to keep its users, it will make its card useful for small purchases and offer loyalty schemes. For more information on card replacement, call LTA on 1800-225-5582, ez-link on 6496-8300 or TransitLink on 1800-2255-663.

Last edited by nataliebridget on Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
vgohyk
http://the-vag.com
vgohyk

PostSubject: Re: FREE ez-link card REPLACEMENT EXERCISE (9 Jan 09 – 30 Sep 09)   FREE ez-link card REPLACEMENT EXERCISE (9 Jan 09 – 30 Sep 09) EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 7:06 pm

Hahahah, everything needs $$$ in SG eh.. finally something "FREE".

I'm currently using Precious Moment's EZ-Link.. don't think think to change?

Will this new Ez-link card looks differently?

Btw, I've moved this thread to "Current Affairs"! cheers
Back to top Go down
nataliebridget
Official Spree Organizer
Official Spree Organizer
nataliebridget

PostSubject: Re: FREE ez-link card REPLACEMENT EXERCISE (9 Jan 09 – 30 Sep 09)   FREE ez-link card REPLACEMENT EXERCISE (9 Jan 09 – 30 Sep 09) EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 9:30 pm

I'm not sure if the new card will look different. I haven't changed mine yet as it is under the auto top-up, so I won't change so soon. Wah... Precious Moments... Actually I'm under the impression EZ-Link will give out a new card, since they call it a replacement excercise. Not sure if they will take your current one back or not. Or what if they cut the card into half like what banks do for expired cards? *shudderz* Haha you can ask them to give your Precious Moments card back to you if they really keep your old card or something.

Hmm, I have a sticker on my EZ-Link card. Looks like I'll have to buy a new sticker when I get the new card. Hopefully they will give us a card with a nicer design or even let us choose designs we want. Haha.

I think one reason why EZ-Link is replacing the cards for free is because it doesn't want us to switch to other similar smart cards that banks and companies are going to offer, or are currently offering.
Back to top Go down
Christian Louboutin sale
New Spree-er
New Spree-er

PostSubject: Re: FREE ez-link card REPLACEMENT EXERCISE (9 Jan 09 – 30 Sep 09)   FREE ez-link card REPLACEMENT EXERCISE (9 Jan 09 – 30 Sep 09) EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 2:07 pm

Just one question: how to add your blog into my rrs reader, thanks so much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FREE ez-link card REPLACEMENT EXERCISE (9 Jan 09 – 30 Sep 09)   FREE ez-link card REPLACEMENT EXERCISE (9 Jan 09 – 30 Sep 09) Empty

Back to top Go down

FREE ez-link card REPLACEMENT EXERCISE (9 Jan 09 – 30 Sep 09)
Page 1 of 1